The New Testament clearly indicates that groups of people who were followers of the Lord Jesus Christ identified themselves with, and committed themselves to a particular local body.
In order to implement the principles of accountability and commitment to the local body of Christ, as defined in the New Testament and practiced in the early churches, Harvest Bible Chapel recognizes the need for formal membership. Membership at Harvest Bible Chapel is for all who are believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and have visibly demonstrated that commitment through believer’s baptism.
HOW DO I BECOME A MEMBER?
1. The first step is to attend Harvest Essentials, which gives you a solid understanding of what it means to be a follower of Jesus Christ. Click here for more information.
2. Join a small group. Our goal is to have every person in a small group where they apply God’s word to their lives, and have mutual accountability. Click here for more info.
3. Upon completion of Harvest Essentials, any person professing personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour who has expressed that commitment visibly by being baptized, should fill out a Membership Application.
4. Once the application for membership is received, the next step is a membership interview. During the meeting, we would love to hear your testimony of conversion to Christ, your baptism, and give you the opportunity to ask any remaining questions about the church.
5. Your name will be posted on the screen prior to and following our weekend services at church for two weeks. During this time, members will be encouraged to pray for you, to address any relational conflict with you or other difficulties which could hinder your ministry among us. This is done in the spirit of Matthew 18:15-17 so that both you and the Harvest family will benefit.
6. At the end of the two week period approved candidates will be welcomed into membership.
WHAT ARE MY RESPONSIBILITIES AS A MEMBER?
1. I am, by faith, a follower of Jesus Christ and I have been baptized as a visible way of demonstrating that commitment.
2. I am committed to worshipping Christ alone. As part of my worship-lifestyle, attending the Sunday services at Harvest will be a high priority for me. Further, I am financially supporting the ministry of our church by prayerfully giving back to the Lord a portion of my income.
3. I am continuing to walk with Christ and in fellowship with other Christ-followers through regular and personal study of the Bible, prayer, personal witness, involvement in a small group, and by avoiding criticism of others and always seeking to biblically resolve any conflict in the spirit of Matthew 18:15-17.
4. I am at work for Christ and have found my place of service at Harvest. I am committed to fruitful ministry by using my spiritual gifts for God’s glory.