We are committed to sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ and making disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:18-20).
All missions activities should reflect the four pillars of Harvest
- Proclaiming the authority of God’s word without apology (2 Timothy 4:2)
- Lifting high the name of Jesus through worship (John 4:24)
- Believing firmly in the power of prayer (Ephesians 6:18)
- Sharing the good news of Jesus Christ with boldness (Ephesians 6:19-20)
Additional guiding principles of Harvest missions
- All our missions’ initiatives and activities are to be conceived, delivered and sustained in the seeking of God’s leading and His blessing through prayer and the study of His word.
- We will support missions that focus on preaching and teaching the gospel, seeking to produce quality disciples, and planting like-minded churches.
- We will be deeply involved in a few missions and missionaries rather than be superficially involved with many.
- We will identify, support and encourage those within our church family whom the Lord calls to missions.
- We will pursue a global approach to missions by beginning in our local community and extending beyond to other Canadian and international communities.
- Our priority will be to utilize and support local missions workers and organizations who seek to evangelize their own people. Secondarily, we will support missions workers who provide services that cannot be readily accessed locally.
- All missions’ activities should be performed in an attitude of humility and cultural sensitivity. [where this does not compromise the Gospel]
- We will look to partner with other Harvest Bible Chapels in supporting certain missions when and where it is appropriate.