Our aim is to glorify God by loving God and His mission of making quality disciples of Christ.
We believe this is best accomplished in the context of community, where believers are able to mutually care for and encourage one another in accountable relationships by growing in Christ-likeness through God’s Word, worship, prayer and witness.
Why do we do Small Groups?
At Harvest Bible Chapel our focus is on the quality of discipleship. Therefore, our small groups are our primary vehicle for discipleship.
Being in a small group gives you the opportunity:
- to study God’s word and apply it to your life with other believers (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- to be genuinely cared for in times of crisis (1 Thessalonians 2:8)
- to find authentic accountability for your spiritual growth (Proverbs 18:1)
- to build significant relationships with other believers (John 13:35)
What does a small group look like?
A typical small group meeting consists of worship and prayer, Bible study and discussion, mutual accountability (men with men and women with women) and fellowship. The curriculum is the same for all groups and is previously approved by the Elders. Small group meetings are approximately two hours in length and are usually held from 7:00 to 9:00 pm.
When and where do groups meet?
These groups meet weekly, three to four times per month, in host couples’ homes in various locations around Brantford and the surrounding region. Our hope is to place you in a group on a weeknight that works for you and is in close geographic proximity to where you live.
HOW CAN YOU GET CONNECTED?
1. Read our DOCTRINAL STATEMENT.
2. Attend HARVEST WELCOME. This gives you an opportunity to meet the staff, leadership, and others who attend Harvest, and to ask any questions you may have about our church.
3. Attendance at HARVEST ESSENTIALS is also an important step in getting connected in a small group. Harvest Essentials outlines the mandate that we have as believers to be worshiping, walking and working for Jesus Christ.
4. After completing steps 1-3 please fill in the online SMALL GROUP APPLICATION .
PLEASE NOTE: We take our commitment to small groups very seriously. Please take some time to read our SMALL GROUP COVENANT. Still have some questions? Check out our FAQs below or email us at email@example.com.